vim port have a lot of broken links ??

Bob Hall rjhjr0 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 23:12:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 09:13:43PM +0200, Kalle Mller wrote:
> When I try to install vim from ports it tries 4-5 sites which all have to
> time out... and with a 200 files.. thats a lot of timeouts.. Who should I
> poke to, so the mirrors would be updated ??
>
> --
>
> Med Venlig Hilsen

Hi Kalle,

If several servers are timing out, there's a good chance that the
problem is at your end. Either you or your ISP might be having a
problem. If you haven't changed anything (hardware, software,
configuration, ISP), then the problem is likely to be temporary.

If the problem is a spike in activity that's overburdoning the servers,
the following may help:
/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/fastest-sites

Med venlige hilser til deg ogsaa.