jpeg-7 - rebuild all dependencies - how?

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Fri Jul 24 19:57:47 UTC 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009 10:51:18 am Jerry wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:55:42 +0100
>
> "Daniel Bye" <danielby at slightlystrange.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 02:03:43PM +0200, Ewald Jenisch wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Updating one of my sytems I followed /usr/ports/UPDATING and did a
> > > "pkg_delete -r jpeg-6b_7" - only to discover that everything that
> >
> > Au contraire, Blackadder. UPDATING says to run either of
> >
> > portmaster -r jpeg*
> >
> > OR
> >
> > portupgrade -fr graphics/jpeg
>
> Which, unfortunately, does not build /x11/kdelibs3 with the updated
> jpeg library. I had to make a link from the old library to the new one
> to get the update to work correctly. I know that some have suggested
> that, that is not the proper way to do it; however, the fact that it
> works is all I was interested in.

There is the -L option for pkgdb, which fixes lost dependencies. I ran it on a
system that I have been having problems upgrading and it seemed to fix all of
the ones giving me grief. If the -fr didn't work, then you may need to use
the -L option to get things back in order.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA