linux emulator

PJ af.gourmet at videotron.ca
Fri Jul 24 14:58:03 UTC 2009

Let's try 3 questions, all related.
1. Which linux emulator is one supposed to use or is this something that
should not be installed and left to be handled as a dependency by ports?

2. I am trying to install ogle on FreeBSD 7.2 running on amd64. I have
installed linux-base-fc4. Installation stops on linux-atk
(accessibility). It seems there exists an .so file from version 1.9.1_3
- needless to say, this is rather strange as I never installed
linux-atk. Now, maybe it was part of the base-fc4 port; but the
accessibility/linux-atk version is 1.9.1-1, something less than 1.9.1_3
I would think. What is going on here?

3. I have another FreeBSD 7.1 machine on which I have installed ogle and
it runs very, very nicely. But pkg_info tells me there is a
linux-atk-1.9.1_3 installed; yet, again, the accessibility/linux-atk
version is 1.9.1_3. Huh?
Funny, but there was not problem installing ogle - ran immediately
without problem.

Needless to say, I am a bit dismayed. There doesn't seem to be any clear
indication on Gaggle or the manual about which emulator to use or how to
use it.
Thanks for any clarifications, solutions, hints or suggestions.
PJ

--
Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la planète, sortez du capitalisme."
Phil Jourdan --- pj at ptahhotep.com
   http://www.ptahhotep.com
   http://www.chiccantine.com/andypantry.php