Building FreeBSD Current on Debian Squeeze AMD64

Ruben de Groot mail25 at bzerk.org
Thu Jul 23 06:55:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 12:12:14PM +0200, Oliver Pinter typed:
> debian not only linux based: http://www.debian.org/ports/kfreebsd-gnu/
> http://www.debian.org/ports/#nonlinux

That's not the point. FreeBSD is a complete OS. Not just a kernel and some tools
Why would you want to replace all the userland programs with GNU ones?
Anyway, having a FreeBSD kernel does not give you the tools to compile the OS.

> good playing with this ports, but this port have not FreeBSD
> feeling... and stability and support, and etc...

So, install FreeBSD.
(redirected to -questions)