limit to number of files seen by ls?

Julian Zottl jzottl at radiantnetworks.net
Thu Jul 23 02:59:12 UTC 2009

How are you using ls?  I presume something along the lines of "ls -la |
more".

What does "sysctl fs.file-ma" and "sysctl kern.maxfiles" tell you?

I've seen directories with 10000+ files.  The only problem I've ever had
with that many is using the rm command.  In that case, you will need to use
something like find ./ -type f -exec rm {}\;

Take care,

----
Julian