ULE and Prescott question

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Wed Jul 22 12:56:45 UTC 2009

     This is a curiousity question.  I'm running 7.2-STABLE at present on
an old Inspiron XPS, which has a 3.4 GHz P4 Prescott CPU.  I have
hyperthreading enabled in the kernel.  The question is:  is there any
appreciable performance difference to be expected with this hardware setup
between the ULE scheduler and the 4BSD scheduler?  Or does the fact that
there is only one core eliminate any difference in performance
characteristics?

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG