Strange (repeatable) hang when ripping a CD

jw jwdevel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:05:20 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Polytropon<freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> Maybe wrong cable (40 pin)? The "device detached" message
> doesn't look good. First of all, it shouzld at least be UDMA66.
> Maybe defective drive due to failing TUR taskqueuing?

Wow, thanks for the 'bad cable' idea. I replaced the (brand new) cable
and it's working, now. Previously, it was the right kind, it must have
just been flakey. The device still shows as UDMA33 though. Don't know
if that represents a different problem.

Odd that it would have read a mounted CD just fine through the bad cable...

but thanks!
-John