scontrib

Brett Wiggins s0x7c0 at netspace.net.au
Sun Jul 19 07:52:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Depending on what you want to do with "accessing the source code",
> it may be valid to say that you can leave out scontrib, but as
> far as I remember, it will be needed for building things from the
> source code (make vuildworld and buildkernel).

I want to be able to read and compile the source. I have looked at
ftp://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/i386/

but am unable to find an iso and am not sure how to make a iso or
install cd from what is provided. I have installed the system minus
scontrib and it boots ok. Would I be able to get the full source from
the ftp-archive, exctract it to my FreeBSD system and then re-build and
install the system?

thanks,

Brett.