upgrade from Firefox 3.0 to Firefox 3.5 -- now that it's installed, it won't run

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sat Jul 18 17:22:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 07:17:53PM +0200, Frank Steinborn wrote:
> Chad Perrin wrote:
> >
> > Okay -- where do I get the "sem" kernel module?
>
> It is included in FreeBSD, just type 'kldload sem' to load it. If you
> want to have loaded it automatically on boot, add the following to
> your /boot/loader.conf:
>
> sem_load="YES"

Unfortunately, this does not appear to be the case on my system:

    # kldload sem
    kldload: can't load sem: No such file or directory

    # locate sem.ko
    /boot/kernel/sysvsem.ko
    /boot/kernel.GENERIC/sysvsem.ko
    /boot/kernel.OPT_KOKOPELLI_APM/sysvsem.ko
    /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OPT_KOKOPELLI/modules/usr/src/sys/modules/sysvipc/sysvsem/sysvsem.ko
    /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OPT_KOKOPELLI/modules/usr/src/sys/modules/sysvipc/sysvsem/sysvsem.ko.debug

Quoth Coline MacDonald: "Don't burn your bridges while you're standing
on them."