Server screwed up (/lib/libc.so.7: Undefined symbol "_nsdispatch")

Victor Starenky freebsd at victorstar.com
Thu Jul 16 03:55:10 UTC 2009

I've finally managed to get all sources to the machine via mounted SMB
drive that still works. (tar errors out).
But alas, "make all install" immediately throws the very same error
that started this topic:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: Undefined symbol "_nsdispatch"

Very few commands actually work: cp, ls, cat etc.
So I'm afraid my only option is to try rescue from cd...

Thanks for your help!
Victor