Server screwed up (/lib/libc.so.7: Undefined symbol "_nsdispatch")

Victor Starenky freebsd at victorstar.com
Tue Jul 14 13:17:38 UTC 2009

Actually I am running this without GUI (X is a luxury on this machine) .But
if I restore it from the live CD I understand that all ports I have will be
messed up?
So my only option would be to go and install/reinstall all of them from the
scratch? Building anything that needs Ruby for example takes like 24 hours
on this machine :(
Can you think of any way I could try to fix just the damaged part
(nss/nsswitch)?
Is there any place I could search for the backed up libraries (I think
portupgrade would back them up first?).

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help!

Victor