Advise for buying a Refurbished machine

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Fri Jul 10 07:03:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

> 2) please advice me If I buy this machine is that a wise decision or
> refurbished machines are of high risk ?

You have to ponder the fact that notebook are always fragile machines:

- they are moved around often, so more subject to miss handeling (a
  notebook is more likely to fall from your lap than a desktop is
  likely to fall from your desk)

- they are compact, less ventilation, more subject to over heating =>
  component aging faster

- they use smaller components, so less robusts

I would always buy a new machine if I can.

I hope you have a waranty that comes with your refurbished machine.

Bests,

olivier