Advise for buying a Refurbished machine

dhaneshk k dhaneshkk at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 10 04:59:44 UTC 2009

Fellow  BSDians,

   I need an advice  from  FreeBSD users.  I would like to buy a  refurbished notebook from IBM.

 Model   IBM T60   > I heard  T60 series are excellent ?

Please see this URL   and apecifications  of the notebook http://www-304.ibm.com/shop/americas/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/default/ProductDisplay?productId=4611686018425958881&storeId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=2576396&dualCurrId=73&catalogId=-840

I want to know
1)  whether this notebook go well with FreeBSD-7.x  versions ?

I want to use  only FreeBSD on this notebook with X window system + Gnome Desktop,

2) please advice me   If I  buy this machine   is that a wise   decision  or  refurbished  machines are of  high risk  ?

any thoughts most  welcome.

Thanks in advance
Dhanesh