FreeBSD HA file cluster possibilities

Mister Olli mister.olli at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:49:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm curious about your solution. Let me know if you have one :-)

I'm wondering if d) is possible in FreeBSD as from my view it would be
the best solution. Wether you use synchronous (assuming you have
sufficient bandwith) or asynchronous writes.

A wonderful solution would be if AFS would provide in-time replication.
However at the moment replication is hand-task in AFS.

Another solution would be possible but I'm not sure that it has decent
performance. You could use subversion with autoversioning and let it
write into a mysql DB (or any other FS that writes into a database) and
configure database replication between the two fileservers.
Has anyone setup this and is capable of providing information on data
throughput?

Regards,
---
Mr. Olli