SanDisk FreeBSD 7.2 p1 install

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Sun Jul 5 03:53:59 UTC 2009

Al Plant wrote:
> Aloha,
>
> Thanks for the help from the list on installing FreeBSD 7.2 on a Sandisk
> USB Flash drive. I was able to install the basic FreeBSD files and it
> rebooted. I used the 7.2 that Manolis created. However there were errors
> with trying to load the install for xorg. This new xorg is the same
> version that I have not been able to get to work on my test box either
> with a regular HDD.
>
> That said everything else seems to be there as expected. Thanks for that
> p1 version for speeding up a default install.
>
> I have the test box trying to load an xorg from the main server to
> correct this issue for me. I will report on if that cures the problem.
> On the download of 7.2 p1 it said CD-DVD iso. but I think the file is
> too big for a CD. The only errors were about xorg and associated libs.
> Can anyone enlighten me on this?.
>
> Again thanks to the FreeBSD list support we are making progress.
>

> ~Al Plant - Honolulu, Hawaii -  Phone:  808-284-2740
>   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
>   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
>   < email: noc at hdk5.net >
> "All that's really worth doing is what we do for others."- Lewis Carrol

Aloha...

I was able to install Xorg and xfce on the HP Mini under FreeBSD 7.2
Sysinstall from main FreeBSD server.

Mouse (touch pad) works as root just fine on the screen under Sysinstall
tester, but not as user under Xorg. Anybody had success with getting
touchpad mouse to work on a netbook. This HP Mini is similar to Ausus EEE.