FreeBSD 7.2 o/s on a flash stick

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Sat Jul 4 03:30:52 UTC 2009

Aloha Gurus.

All the gogle-ing I did does not give a current status on or how-to on
installing FreeBSD 7.2 on a flash stick on one slice with the default
partions.  I want to boot from it on a mini lap top ( no CD ) and use it
like the hd inside.

I see plenty of how-to's on loading Flash sticks for installing on other
boxes and using a 2 slice flash to load FreeBSD onto other duplicate
boxes again.

All I need is to have a FreeBSD  o/s on the stick so I can use it
instead of the OS on the existing laptop.

I'm sure I saw on this list where somebody did this successfully but I
cant find it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +