Hide Terminal window (using xfce4. and 7.2-RELEASE)?

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Fri Jul 3 21:18:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Daniel Underwood wrote:

> Whenever I run the particular Linux MATLAB installation I have access
> to, it must be run from the command-line.

Why?  More specifically, can't it be started from the XFCE menu with
"Run Program" or right-click the desktop and "Create Launcher"?

> Consequently, I have the MATLAB gui and an open terminal window (which
> only gets in the way). Is there a way to "hide" this terminal window
> completely?  If I close it, MATLAB closes.  I know I can move it to
> another Workspace, but I'm hoping there's another way.

Can't see your command line.  If it's just a single command, you could
run it as

   command &

which will run command in the background and leave it running if you
close the terminal window.