Fix It CD, bsdlabel, and /dev?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Fri Jul 3 19:05:28 UTC 2009

Sorry for the poor subject.  Thanks for reading.

I'm using this page as a guide but am at the console so I'm just using
the Fix It CD:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/remote-install/installation.html

I'm attempting to install FBSD 7.2 64bit  on a fresh machine.  The
machine has 3 500G drives and 1 750G drive.  I'm trying to mirror root
with gmirror.  Following the examples, I've used fdisk to create one
slice for each drive that uses the entire disk.  Next I used bsdlabel
and created 500M a: partitions on two of the drives (ad6 & ad8).
However /dev/ad6s1a and /dev/ad8s1a do not exist. I do have entries such
as /dev/ad6a and/dev/ad8a but gmirror doesn't like those. What must I do
the get them to show after I've labeled?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!