POLL: Linux preferences from FreeBSD users

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Jul 3 13:06:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 18:14:12 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 09:07:08 +0200, Jonathan McKeown <j.mckeown at ru.ac.za> wrote:
> > I was wondering if there were any other Slackers out there!
>
> Of course we are still `out there'.
>
> I started using a UNIX-like clone on my 386 SX with Slackware, by
> fetching the floppy disk images.  I've abandoned Linux for serious work
> for years now, but I still have my Infomagic CD-ROMs :)

hehe, me too. :-) In my case, it's a POWER!-CD LINUX (from Sybex) of
Slackware with kernel 2.0.32, X 3.1.1 - purchased with a magazine for
29,95 DM many years ago. The system it ran on was a 486 DX2 / 66.
And the system was quite usable, especially support for PS printer
and LaTeX were most helpful.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany