wireless signal strength

Lars Lonne lonnelars at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 10:23:15 PST 2009

Hi. I have recently install FreeBSD-7.1 on my laptop. The laptop used to
have windows and linux, but I have replaced linux with FreeBSD because I
thought it looked very promising. However, I have one problem: the wireless
signal strength seems to be significantly weaker when I am running FreeBSD.
On windows I can connect and get online, but when I'm running FreeBSD it
keeps connecting and disconnecting, or not even seeing the network at all.
Also in linux it was never a problem. Is there something that can be done
with this? In linux I was using wireless-tools (iwconfig) and dhclient,
which worked fine. Are there perhaps other software that will work better
than using ifconfig?

/lars