X.org-update -> screen garbled / settings for xorg.conf?

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Fri Jan 30 09:30:53 PST 2009

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Ewald Jenisch wrote:

> I'm using the "radeonhd" driver for my graphics card is a ATI Radeon
> HD 2400 XT (RV610 chipset).

A note on that: radeonhd hasn't been particularly functional on the
cards I've tried.  The radeon driver seems to be more solid, and will
work on that card.

> o) Are the above settings (i.e. AllowEmptyInput and the sections for
> keyboard/mouse) correct for my combination of hald and moused running?

If that's all you have in ServerFlags, remove that section and just put
the entry in ServerLayout.

Others have mentioned using Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off" instead of
AllowEmptyInput.  With hald and moused enabled, that works fine here.