[7.1-RELEASE-p2 amd64] NFS mount in fstab hangs duringmountcritremote execution

Arjan van der Oest arjan.van.der.oest at worldmax.nl
Fri Jan 30 07:55:23 PST 2009

I've done some further investigation and this is what happens:

The mountcritremote script executes "mount -a -t nfs" and times out. If
this script is aborted, the NFS export is mounted later by the mountlate
script with " mount -a -l", this succeeds. This is the reason that the
export is mounted after sending ctrl-d, the initial mount never
succeeds.

>From what I can see now this is neither a firewall nor a NFS-version
issue, else it would not succeed in the mountlate script.

I'm still puzzled why on other boxes this is not a problem, while it is
at this box.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Kind Regards,
Worldmax Operations B.V.

Arjan van der Oest
Network Design Engineer

T.: +31 (0) 88 001 7912
F.: +31 (0) 88 001 7902
M.: +31 (0) 6 10 62 58 46

E.: arjan.van.der.oest at worldmax.nl
W.:www.worldmax.nl
W.:www.aerea.nl
GPG: https://keyserver.pgp.com/ (Key ID: 07286F78) fingerprint: 2E9F
3AE2 0A8B 7579 75A9  169F 5D9E 5312 0728 6F78