Problem with ezjail: Manually restarted jails don't come up again

Frank Steinborn steinex at nognu.de
Wed Jan 28 12:48:38 PST 2009

Hi folks,

I have a strange problem on my 7.1-RELEASE with ezjail here. I have 5
jails configured with ezjail, and they run flawlessy - they come up on
boot without problems.

However, if i stop a jail (via /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail.sh stop
<jail>) and then want to restart it via the rc-script, it stalls here:

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail.sh start mldonkey.local
Configuring jails:.
Starting jails:

If I check with jls and 'pgrep -lfj <jid>', i see that there are processes
inside the hanging jail running, including /etc/rc. I guess the
jails are hanging somewhere in the boot-process, and i guess it's
/etc/rc.

I even doubt that this is an ezjail-only problem, but this is just a
guess.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Frank