Cannot build dovecot with bdb support

Nicolas Letellier nicolas at nicoelro.net
Wed Jan 28 09:07:11 PST 2009

Hello.

I use FreeBSD-6.3. I want to install dovecot port with dbd support. However, that's impossible. See my error:

hecking for pam/pam_appl.h... no
checking for pam_setcred in -lpam... yes
checking for auth_userokay... no
checking db_env_create in -ldb... no
configure: error: Can't build with db support: libdb not found
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to yds at CoolRat.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/mail/dovecot/work/dovecot-1.1.8/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/dovecot.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/dovecot.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portinstall.60329.0 env make
** Fix the problem and try again.
** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
        ! mail/dovecot  (configure error)

At the top of the "make", I see "dovecot-1.1.8 depends on shared library: db41.1 - found". So, I have some db files installed...

When I remove dbd support, it works. I wrote to the maintainer. But, temporarly, I want to solve this problem and add bdb support to my dovecot. Do you have a solution? Why I havn't got libdb?

Thanks.

Best regards,

--
 -Nicolas.