Newbie: offline package use / XFCE.

Thomas W. Holloway twh359 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 25 15:27:56 PST 2009

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:16:45 -0500, Manolis Kiagias
<sonic2000gr at gmail.com> wrote:

> As a side note, I have a machine specifically for building packages and
> it just happens that I finished a complete build run today (for FreeBSD
> 7.1 32bit). This includes XFCE, Xorg, Gnome + power tools + fifth toe,
> KDE4 (4.1 actually) and few other things. More than 1.5G of packages.  I
> could possibly upload just the XFCE + dependencies packages somewhere so
> you can download them and use them. Contact me directly if you wish to
> go down that route.

Let me take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks to Mr. Kiagias
for his (offline) assistance with this. In the process, we seem to have
uncovered a small bug: pkg_add -n apparently does not check properly for
_local_ dependencies. Being a newb, I leave any bug reporting to Mr.
Kiagias.

Thanks again to Mr. Kiagias and the list.

regards,

Tom Holloway