Starting privoxy+ipv6 at boot

beni beni at brinckman.info
Sun Jan 25 01:41:18 PST 2009

Hi List,

I installed www/privoxy+ipv6, the patched privoxy for ipv6. It installs fine
but I have to start it everytime manually at boot.

I added this to /etc/rc.conf :
privoxy_enable="YES"
privoxy_flags="/usr/local/etc/privoxy/config"

Since there is no startup script provided, I copied the one (privoxy.in) from
www/privoxy/files to my /usr/local/etc/rc.d :
root at bsdaddict# ls -l /usr/local/etc/rc.d/privoxy*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1497 20 jan 21:41 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/privoxy
root at bsdaddict#

I tried renaming it to "privoxy.sh" and "privoxy" (without any extension) but
nothing seems to work. All I get is this error message in dmesg :
root at bsdaddict# dmesg -a | grep privoxy
/etc/rc: WARNING: run_rc_command: cannot run %%PREFIX%%/sbin/privoxy
root at bsdaddict#

Starting privoxy manually is no problem, everything works as it should.

So how do I launch privoxy at boot ? Thanks for any help.

Beni Brinckman.