Registry corrupt?

Jack L. Stone jacks at sage-american.com
Sat Jan 24 05:29:31 PST 2009

At 07:06 AM 1.24.2009 -0600, Jack L. Stone wrote:
>At 04:33 PM 1.23.2009 +0100, cpghost wrote:
>>On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 05:56:45PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

BTW: as more details of the problem, I had found a tiny bug in "mkdep"
which initially caused the upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0 to fail during
buildworld. Once fixed, it "appeared" to upgrade fine
(build/install/mergemaster), including a new kernel build/install, but on
reboot it still shows 6.3...!!! I have rmoved /usr/obj and even /usr/src
and tried over several times, but same result. Some parts of the system is
running okay, but not others.

Have wasted too much time on this machine and today will move to a new
machine and start over. This server is one of our DNS servers, so we're
covered with others that take over during shutdown of this problem server.
The DNS (or named) is one of the parts not running correctly and the most
vital.

Just a very strange issue and wondered if anyone else had similar results
ever -- it may just be the machine, but didn't act like it.

Thanks again,
Jack

(^_^)
Happy trails,