<dumb> how to clear scroll-back buffer in console/xterm?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Jan 22 17:32:56 PST 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 21:28:12 +0000, Frank Shute <frank at shute.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 01:49:13PM -0700, Steve Franks wrote:
> >
> > Occasionally, one wants to do this.  Unfortunately this is one of
> > those topics with too many generic search terms that gives 2.99x10e8
> > hits.  Clearly, I'm suffering from information overload both in my
> > console sessions and my google searches ;)
> >

> Ctl-L does it for me in xterm. Might work in the console too.

Works there, but you can still press the Scroll Lock key and then
use the cursor / page moving keys to check what's "up" there.

If you need to clear the console when logging out, just put the
command

	clear

in your ~/.logout, or globally into /etc/csh.logout.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0