Portupgrade thru SSH session

Jos Chrispijn jos at webrz.net
Tue Jan 20 06:10:17 PST 2009

Can someone tell me what I should attend for when I am disconnected in
the middle of a portupgrade and the terminal session is aborted?
The portupgrade was halted by a [yes/no] prompt, on which I had to
react. Unfortunately being not present and I having not set my Putty
keepalive session timeperiod I was disconnected due to no activity on
this system prompt $-|.
What I did after having logged on again was deleting that specific ruby
process and some tty processes. Perhaps I should delete some other temp
files as well?

Thanks,
Jos Chrispijn