Window Maker directories

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Jan 17 15:00:57 PST 2009

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 17:38:33 -0500, Allen <SlackWareWolf at comcast.net> wrote:

> I seem to be having trouble finding where exactly the Window Maker
> directories are. I mean the ones that store themes and backgrounds and
> so on. On Linux I'd generally use /usr/share/WindowMaker/*
>
> But my FreeBSD 7.1 system doesn't seem to have that one, and in the 12
> or so FreeBSD books I have, it doesn't really mention it.

It's very simple to comclude where this directory should be.
First of all, FreeBSD stores data of installed software that
does not belong to the OS itself in /usr/local subtrees. So
if you check /usr/local/share/WindowMaker/, you found it. :-)

> Where are they exactly? I'd like to add some new themes and some images
> for wallpaper as I've been using WM over the other available options lately.

You can add them locally (to your user account) in ~/GNUstep/
as an alternative.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany