Installing FreeBSD with Windows XP

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Fri Jan 16 14:42:50 PST 2009

Jerry McAllister wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:05:42PM -0800, tsai wrote:
>
>> Jerry,
>>
>> You read my mind.  That was going to be my next question; how to get around
>> the proprietary recovery section HP installed from the start.  You hit the
>> nail on the head!  I will try this soon.
>
> Yup.   Basically, you just ignore it, leave it alone - anyway as long
> as MS-SP isn't bothered by it.
>
> ////jerry

I have a HP laptop which came with a recovery partition. I don't have
windows on the laptop now but I used to and:

a) somewhere there is a utility to make recovery dvds which do the same
job so you can remove the recovery partition.
b) there is a HP backup and recovery utility - you might have to install
it from the HP software. There is an option to remove the recovery
partition with it.

The dvd creation utility might be part of the back and recovery
partition. I've used the recovery dvd's 2 or 3 times, they work fine,
including recreating the recovery partition.

Sorry i can't give you more exact details, HTH.

Chris