Cannot send to mailing lists - client host rejected: cannot find your hostname

rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Thu Jan 15 19:33:41 PST 2009

I'm having a minor problem with posting to the list. I have my own
mail server using postfix, fetchmail, and courier. I have several
domain names, and I'm using one for my mail server.

In my logs I'm seeing 450 errors for freebsd-questions since around
the end of last year, but I did have some dns issues after I moved the
server in a clean up and network down disaster at the end of the year.
Thats all sorted now, but the errors are still there! I just posted
again and still no luck. I'm using a static address from my ISP, and
while I can run a server on the system legally, I'm getting no help to
do so.

Is there a reason for this sudden change? Have the filtering rules on
the freebsd server changed recently? I can be posted privately if need
be.