local copy of handbook

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 04:04:36 PST 2009

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:59:04 -0500
Randy Pratt <bsd-unix at embarqmail.com> wrote:

>You might consider using Docsnap.  This allows you to maintain all
>the FreeBSD documentation with a minimum of effort.
>
>Docsnap is an rsync repository for easy updating of installed
>FreeBSD documentation (/usr/share/doc).
>
>The first run may take longer but subsequent updates take very
>little time.  Only the differences in the documents are transferred.
>That is the main advantage but you also do not need to install ports
>with hefty overhead to build documents.
>
>Rsync is only utility required (/usr/ports/net/rsync). Typical usage:
>
>  # rsync -rltvz docsnap.sk.FreeBSD.org::docsnap /usr/share/doc/
>
>For more information see http://docsnap.sk.freebsd.org/ and possibly
>the rsync manual page.

I reported last week that this was not working. It still fails with the
following error message:

~ # rsync -rltvz docsnap.sk.FreeBSD.org::docsnap /usr/share/doc/
rsync: failed to connect to docsnap.sk.FreeBSD.org: Connection refused
(61) rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(124)
[receiver=3.0.5]

I was under the impression that someone was looking into it. Is there
any estimated time for the link to be fixed?

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Strategy:
	A long-range plan whose merit cannot be evaluated until sometime
	after those creating it have left the organization.