freebsd-update install

Toni Schmidbauer freebsd at stderror.at
Sun Jan 11 04:34:11 PST 2009

At Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:16:25 +0100,
Franck Royer wrote:
> Thanks for all this infos. I have another question about the zfs kernel
> module : is it still in the GENERIC kernel in the release 7.1 ? Or do I
> need to include it and recompile the kernel before the first reboot ?

the module is included in the standard kernel, you just have to tell
the boot loader to load it on startup (/boot/loader.conf):

zfs_load="YES"

and if your root filesystem is zfs

vfs.root.mountfrom="zfs:rpool/root"

toni
--
Don't forget, there is no security | toni at stderror dot at
-- Wulfgar                         | Toni Schmidbauer