During install: device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address

ideogon david at ideogon.com
Wed Jan 7 07:35:13 PST 2009

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 from CDs I made a few months ago on a brand
new system with parts I just got in from NewEgg. I select the default option
from the Boot Loader and it goes into the device probe. Several devices are
recognized, but then it freezes at:

mskc0: <Marvell Yukon 88E8056 Gigabit Ethernet> port 0xe800-0xe8ff mem
0xf7ffc00 0-0xf7ffffff irq 18 at device 0.0 on pci2
msk0: <Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Yukon EC Ultra Id 0xb4 Rev 0x03> on
mskc0
msk0: Ethernet address: 00:22:15:86:02:47

I don't see any errors on the screen, and I can't seem to scroll up to see
if I'm missing one, but I don't think there is. I am using a CD, but the
disk appears undamaged and is clean. All components appear to be recognized
by the BIOS.