7.0 > 7.1 update problem

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 05:30:13 PST 2009

First of all - thank you Manolis!

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 14:23, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't use freebsd-update myself. I still use csup and the long procedure,
> but I have a question on the GENERIC kernel. You say he does not need to
> recompile anything? Does that mean freebsd-update pulls in a new GENERIC
> kernel based on the latest source tree?

Based on what I have NOW read :) (but should have studied ealier), I
do not think I need to compile a generic kernel.

"If the system was running with a custom kernel, use the nextboot(8)
command to set the kernel for the next boot to /boot/GENERIC (which
was updated):"

I hope I am not wrong again...

Thanks!

--