local copy of handbook

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sun Jan 4 19:27:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 09:27:31 +0530, "Masoom Shaikh" <masoom.shaikh at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr wrote:
>>> I'd be happy to review the patch that Gabor has written & if
>>> necessary add or subtract from it.
>>>
>>> It will take me a bit of time to get up to speed with the mark-up &
>>> review/grok the updating docs in the round. ATM, they certainly
>>> fall short of including anything about updating a local copy of the
>>> docs.
>>
>> I can build a patched Handbook and upload it online, if that helps.
>> Then you don't have to learn SGML to read it.  Just let me know if
>> you need it, and it's done.
>
> wow, am waiting eagerly....HTML is complex, what is SGML :)

You don't really have to read the HTML _source_.  Point your browser to:

http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/updating-upgrading-documentation.html

I have uploaded a patched Handbook there.

The latest version of the SGML patch that I have here is also online
now, at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/doc-patches/pgj.doc-update.20081227-2338.diff