local copy of handbook

Daniel Gerzo danger at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 4 09:28:51 PST 2009

Hello Jerry,

>>For more information see http://docsnap.sk.freebsd.org/ and possibly
>>the rsync manual page.

> I was having a problem reaching that URL; however, I found that this
> one: http://www.oook.cz/bsd/docsnap.html did seem to work. In any case,
> I am unable to get the 'rsync' command to work. This is the output of
> one such attempt.

> ~ $ sudo rsync -rltvz docsnap.sk.FreeBSD.org::docsnap /usr/share/doc/
> rsync: failed to connect to docsnap.sk.FreeBSD.org: Operation timed out
> (60) rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(124)
> [receiver=3.0.5]

> This has happened continually for the past few days. I am not sure if
> it is a temporary problem or or permanent one.

The docsnap.sk.FreeBSD.org (as well as ftp.sk and cvsup.sk) server is
currently offline due to some problems after its update.

Unfortunately it's been a vacations period here and we were unable to get
personally to the box and fix it. However I have been told that the
issue should be resolved tommorrow, so I would recommend you to try
tommorrow or a bit later.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel                            mailto:danger at FreeBSD.org