PHP setup question

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Jan 3 20:51:17 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 10:42:37PM -0600, Kelly D. Grills wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 11:24:02PM -0500, stan wrote:
> > >
> > > Looks as though you have a problem with your database.
> >
> > Probably. It's a new machine, and I have not got anything that depends on
> > MySQL running yet. I figured when I got past the "Not Found" errors I'd see
> > what I needed to do to get the conection the the DB going. I have not found
> > anything in the docs about setting up the requisite tables yet, either.
> >

> > But the "Not Fond" error has to be corected before I get to that, right?
>
> Ampache requires MySQL 4.1 or higher, per the requirements at http://ampache.org/

OK, we seem to be OK there:

Server version: 5.0.75 FreeBSD port

> I believe the errors you're currently seeing are a result of the lack of a database.
>
> When you iniatially ran the web setup you should have been asked for database info.

I ssume you mean setting up Ampache via a browserr connection to it,
correct? If so, I have been unable to do that, yet as I can't get past the
"Not Found" errors. A, I on the right track here?

> You can insert the tables manually, see section 2.2 of the INSTALL document.
> (/usr/local/www/ampache/docs/INSTALL)

Looking at the doc, you referenced, it appears that I should be able to
connect to beachcave.net/install.php

Doing so resluts in:

The requested URL /install.php was not found on this server.

So I don't think I am quite as far along as you think I am :-(

programs.