Using HDD's for ZFS: 'desktop' vs 'raid / enterprise' -edition drives?

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Fri Jan 2 21:24:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 15:17:30 -0500
stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:

> > >Could you elaborate please ?
> >
> > ZFS still doesn't work as described ...
>
> Is that comment FreeBSD specifc, or aimed at ZFS in general?

Mind you, ZFS on FreeBSD is not the same as on OpenSolaris-2008.11,
Nevada or even Solaris 10. On those platforms ZFS generally does what it
is supposed to do, other than it's still a developing FS.
On *BSD related systems that is not always the case. Do a good readup.

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
+ http://nagual.nl/ | SunOS sxce snv104 ++