How to use portmanager/portmaster?

Frank Wißmann frank.wissmann41 at web.de
Sat Feb 28 14:33:09 PST 2009

Am Samstag 28 Februar 2009 22:39:26 schrieb Roland Smith:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 10:08:45PM +0100, Frank Wißmann wrote:
> > >
> > > Both do have manpages. What kind of error do you get when you try
> > > e.g. 'man portmaster'? It might be that your manual pages setup
> > > is broken.
> >
> > I get the message "No manual entry for portmaster", but using your
> > command I can read it. "man man" e. g. works perfectly.
>
> That sounds to me that the configuration for the man command is
> broken. If you give the 'manpath' command, does the output include
> /usr/local/man? If not, add the following lines to
> /etc/manpath.config:
>
> OPTIONAL_MANPATH        /usr/local/man
> MANPATH_MAP     /usr/local/bin          /usr/local/man
>
> Roland

"manpath" does show correct settings AFAIK meaning that the answer to
your question is "yes".

Frank

--
GU d- s:+ a+ C+>$ UBS>$ P L- !E--- W N+@ !o K--? !w--- O !M- !V- PS+ PE
Y? !PGP- t+ 5 X !R tv- b++ DI !D G e h+ r- y?

When pack meets pack in the jungle
and no one will move from the trail
wait till the leaders have spoken
it may be fair words shall prevail