screensaver blanktime in the kernel

Roy Stuivenberg roys1012 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 09:49:08 PST 2009

 Hello,

I would like to set screensaver blanktime in the kernel.
I have daemon_saver set in the kernel also, and all the needed components in
kernel.
When I set blanktime in rc.conf, it's not working.
After reboot, daemon_saver starts at the spot, but it's not returning
anymore.
The same goes for setting blanktime with vidcontrol -t "seconds"
I'm working without X11, just because i like that, but prefer to have a
screensaver in the console.
After spending few days about this issue, I'm hoping someone knows the
answer to this.
Help! ;)

Regards,
Roy.