ClamAV execusion died without error messages

mtang17 at comcast.net mtang17 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 11:19:30 PST 2009

My server is currently running on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #0.

I installed the port software, P5-Mail-ClamAV with sendmail along with others: Spamassassin and Milter etc. Everything was compiled fine, and sendmail is working with Spamassin too. However, when I execute clamav-clamd.sh, clamav-freshclam.sh, both software start for a very short momonet and died without any complaims. I could not see any clamav items running by executing 'ps -axw'.

My last executed piece software, clamav-milter.sh is complaining missing and waiting for a socket, clam-milter.sorc.

I did configuration for sendmail, but very littler on clamav. Can anyone familiar with Clamav helps to provide a clue on what is going wrong?

Thank you!

Ming Tang

- Ming