RELENG_7 != STABLE?

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:00:25 PST 2009

--On Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:16:51 -0600 Warren Block
<wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>
>> --On Tuesday, February 24, 2009 23:02:36 -0600 Mel
>> <fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Presence of tag enables checkout mode, so it's not that you have a cvs repo
>>> copy. Kernel date tag suggests a reboot, so the only thing that comes to
>>> mind
>>> is newvers.sh not having done it's job or UNAME_r set in env.
>>> sysctl kern.osrelease also shows 7.1-PRERELEASE?
>>>

>> # sysctl kern.osrelease
>> kern.osrelease: 7.1-PRERELEASE
>
> Something that might apply: your cvsup file showed cvsup12 as the
> server.  cvsup12 stopped responding for me several months ago.  If your
> csup and build is automated so you don't see the timeouts, that would
> explain why you aren't getting updated.

Yes, that *would* explain it.  I changed to cvsup1 the other day and csup'd
everything.  I've started a new build just a few minutes ago.  Should be
running the new kernel in a couple of hours.

Thanks for your help, Warren.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst