video editor

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Tue Feb 24 10:17:18 PST 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 14:20:45 prad wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:36:19 +0100
>
> t-u-t <marshc187 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > there is versions of hjsplit if u ever used that in
> > windows. i've used a good and simple command line version b4 but i
> > can't remember exactly where it is in ports it maybe hjsplit or
> > lhjsplit. (google to their site).
>
> it is lxsplit, but i can't figure out how to work it.
>
> i settled on mencoder and installed it from ports since there is no pkg
> for it. it's a bit of an overkill for my present needs (which have
> been met) but it looks like something that is worth learning!

I've actually had bad experiences with mencoder. Apart from 1200 options in
one manpage, converting from one format to another ends premature (missing
the last few seconds).
While I loath transcode for what it's meant to do (it will always segfault on
exit during a typical transcoding run), the avimerge/avisplit tools actually
work well and are easy to use.
There are similar tools for Ogg media in multimedia/ogmtools.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.