Please, recommend CPU and RAM burn test

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Tue Feb 24 09:55:16 PST 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 07:12:06 Artem Kuchin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I need to really heavily test a box with 8 cores and 16GB FBDIM RAM.
>
> Is there a suitable port for such task?
>
> I'd like to point out that i don't want to measure perfomance. I need to
> really really
> heavily load the server up to it's maximum.

sysutils/stress, in your case:
stress --vm 32 --vm-bytes 512M --cpu 8

will put it into swap, while cpu's are overloaded. Add --hdd 4 to write 4 1GB
files in parallel, should be a nice test ;)

Test can be run till interrupt or use -t 300 to timeout after 5 minutes.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.