desktop app/config

Jean-Paul Natola jnatola at familycareintl.org
Tue Feb 24 09:08:49 PST 2009

> Hi all,
>
> I'm replacing some machines and want to setup some stations in the library
> running FreeBSD-
>
> What is the easiest for an XP user to get accustomed to and what config do
> need so that when the machine starts (power / boot)  it will automatically
> launch the desktop gui

Both KDE and Gnome should feel pretty familiar to an XP user.  The
handbook has some useful docs:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11-wm.html

See the section about the kde display manager for example.

Ok so I left the machine running over the weekend to install KDE,

And when I got in this morning it said that my disk was out of space- I
loaded nothing but the basic freebsd os and nothing other than kde (granted
its only a 10 gig drive) but that should be enough for a kde desktop no?