hi

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Feb 23 16:28:39 PST 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:09:51 -0500, Jerry <gesbbb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Specifically, what is it we are uncomfortable putting in the handbook?
> More importantly, what good is a handbook if it is not complete?

That's one way of looking at it.  The obsessive compulsive perfectionist
perspective is that a Handbook is *never* complete, because by the time
you have finished writing about something in a professional, clean and
amusing to read manner, it has been superseded by recent advances :-)

> Would the documentation be cross indexed so a user could find more
> details on a particular subject?  Personally, while perfectly
> plausible, it sounds like more work than it is worth.

The cross-indexing bits are what made me think about our Wiki while
pondering how to write this sort of stuff.  I will experiment by writing
in plain text first, wikifying bits and pieces later, and see where this
leads me.