Upgrade from FreeBSD 7.1/i386 to FreeBSD 7.1/AMD64?

Andrew Moran amoran at forsythia.net
Mon Feb 23 12:59:22 PST 2009

Thank you.

I have 8 gigs of memory in this system, and I decided go to the ZFS
route, and am now getting kernel panics about kmem exhaustion.  I know
there are some tweaks I can do to help alleviate these, but I want to
address all my memory before I increase the kernel memory.

I don't need the ports to be 64-bit, but they SHOULD run just fine
without recompiling, yes?

--Andy