root's crontab and mysqldump

Joseph Simmons josephdsimmons at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:26:14 PST 2009

I added the full path and the result didn't change. I can still see it
running in the log but the script doesn't appear to be doing anything.

I have the following variables set in the root's crontab

SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash
PATH=/etc:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
HOME=/root

The file I'd like to execuate has the following permissions

rwxr-x---

it's own by root, the contents of the file are below

#!/usr/local/bin/bash
date_time=$(/bin/date "+%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S")

/usr/local/bin/mysqldump -u backup_user -pPassWord DataBase